Over $20,000 in Prizes!
BURBOT BASH – January 26, 27, 28, 2018
PRIZE CATEGORIES AND RULES
BURBOT BASH – January 26-28, 2018
PRIZE CATEGORIES AND RULES
All cash and prizes WILL BE based on 300 participants. Prize payouts and places will be adjusted with increased participation.
Burbot size is determined by length with weight being a tie-breaker.
Tagged Burbot Grand Prize – $1500
Most Burbot ~ 3 places $ 1500, $1000, $750
Biggest Burbot ~ 3 places $1000, $750, $500
Smallest Burbot ~ 3 places $500, $350, $200
Biggest Burbot ~ 3 places $100, $75, $50
Smallest Burbot ~ 3 places $100, $75, $50
- Tagged Burbot Grand Prize: All tagged Burbot (including internal PIT tags and external Floy tags) will be eligible for the Tagged Burbot drawing. The first tag drawn will win the grand prize of $1,500.
- Tagged Burbot Rewards: All remaining tagged fish, excluding the Tagged Burbot Grand Prize winner, will be entered into the Tagged Burbot Reward category. This is a sponsorship category and all funds will be split equally between participants who catch a tagged fish. For example, if the Reward category has $1000 and ten tagged Burbot are caught, the payout is $100 per tagged Burbot (excluding the Tagged Burbot Grand Prize winner discussed above).
- Teams should check-in all Burbot, large or small; any of them could be a tagged fish.
- Entrants who catch a tagged fish must be present (or designate a team member to represent them) at the closing ceremonies to be eligible for Tagged Burbot prizes.
- All tagged Burbot caught during official tournament hours will be retained by a tournament official in a bag with team information until the awards ceremony on Sunday, January 28th.
- This is a Burbot only tournament. You may possess other species as allowed by state regulations, but they may not be entered as part of this derby. Fishing will start at 12:00 pm on January 26, 2018 and end 7:00 am Sunday January 28, 2018. Only fish caught during this time frame can be entered into the derby. There is no limit on Burbot and they are required to be killed.
- Participants must have a valid fishing license and adhere to the regulations for the state in which they are fishing. The use and possession of live bait fish is not allowed on Flaming Gorge Reservoir. If fishing with more than two lines through the ice, each line must be labeled with anglers’ name. If a person is cited for a fishing violation by a law enforcement officer, his/her whole team will be disqualified.
- A team must be registered to be eligible for prizes. Teams can register online at www.burbotbash.com, by mail postmarked by January 19, 2018, or onsite at registration at The Hub/Mustang on the UT/WY Border near Manila, UT on January 26, 2018, between 9:00 am-8:00 pm. Entry/registration closes Friday night at 8:00 pm. If registering the day of the tournament, all entry fees must be paid in cash – No exceptions. All payments made by credit card are subject to a 5% service charge. No refunds will be allowed once entry fees are paid. If registering on January 26, 2018, an additional $20 per team will apply. If a team member needs to be changed then it must be done prior to the start of the contest at 12:00 pm on January 26, 2018. If a payment is made by non-sufficient funds, the team will be automatically disqualified. A team member must pick up the registration packet on January 26, 2018 between 9:00 am-8:00 pm at The Hub/Mustang located near Manila on Hwy 530 & Hwy 43. If the team’s packet is not picked up, the team is not registered and any previously paid entry money will be forfeit.
- Each team must consist of two-four members and designate a captain and a team name. Pre-entry fees are $40 for adults (14 yrs. and over)and $10 for youth (13 yrs. and under). If registering on January 26, 2018, an additional $20 per team will apply. Youth participants that want to be eligible for the adult prizes must register and pay as an adult.
- Any unregistered fishermen in your party will jeopardize the validity of Burbot caught by registered fishermen and be grounds for disqualification.
- There are no time restrictions on angling during the official tournament period. Burbot must be checked in and scanned for tags daily on Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 am–10:00 am. To qualify for prizes all Burbot must be dead but kept fresh. Burbot that are frozen, partially frozen, or otherwise determined “not fresh” by contest officials will be disqualified. It is recommended fish be kept in a cooler to prevent them from freezing, but remember, Burbot must be immediately killed and it is illegal to transport live fish.
- Check-in locations for January 27: Green River Marine west of Cruel Jacks in Rock Springs, WY, Buckboard Marina off Highway 530 and a location TBD in Manila, Utah from 8:00 am-10:00 am. On January 28 all Burbot must be checked in at the Manila, Utah Rodeo Grounds between 8:00 am-10:00 am. Any team that is not in the line by 10:00 am sharp, both days, will be turned away from entering their Burbot in the tournament. There are no exceptions to this rule, so plan travel time according to weather, road conditions, etc.
- The Biggest Burbot and Smallest Burbot will be determined by length with weight being a tie-breaker. The greater weight will be tie-breaker for Biggest and the lesser weight will be tie-breaker for Smallest. Each participant can enter only one fish per eligible category during the derby.
- Contestants will be required to remove the tails of all Burbot after they are scanned, counted and measured and prior to leaving the checkpoint. Contestants will be responsible for the proper disposal of carcasses each day.
- The team does not need to be present at the Closing Ceremony to win the cash prize categories but may be required to fill out a W-9 form for prizes over $600 before being paid. Entrants must be present to win the raffle prizes and tagged fish cash prizes at the Closing Ceremony. Family members of tournament officials and committee members are not eligible to win any prizes associated with tournament.
- Youth participants must be present when checking in their Burbot.
- For participant’s safety, each team must have a throw rope and ice picks. A cell phone, flotation device and cleats are also recommended while fishing through the ice.
- All participants must sign an affidavit agreeing to comply with all derby rules.
- Tournament officials reserve the right to conduct checks to ensure the participants are following the provisions listed above. Any disqualified participant will not receive a refund of tournament fees nor be eligible for any prizes.
- The Derby committee claims no responsibility for accidents relating to ice or road conditions. It is highly recommended that all entrants wear life vests while on the ice at all times. The tournament is subject to cancellation or temporary suspension due to weather or ice conditions. Cancellation will be determined by tournament officials, the US Forest Service (USFS), Daggett County Sheriff’s Department, Utah Division of Wildlife Resources (UDWR) or Wyoming Game and Fish Department (WGFD). Anglers may be notified by Marine Band Radio, the Burbot Bash Facebook page and/or text message.
- A USFS Recreation Use Pass may be required for anglers using certain areas on the Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area. It is the participant’s responsibility to be aware of those locations.
- . If fishing in Wyoming and using an ATV, an Wyoming Off-road Vehicle Permit is required. It is your responsibility to make sure you are complying with all local, State and Federal regulations.
- If using a boat to fish during this tournament the following apply: During all times of year, if your watercraft has been on a high risk water (a water known or suspected to be positive for zebra or quagga mussels) within the last 30 days you are required to have your watercraft inspected prior to launching in Wyoming. All watercraft owners or operators shall purchase and display an AIS decal valid for 2018 prior to launching or entering any waters in the state of Wyoming. If fishing in Utah by watercraft, a Certificate of Decontamination must be presented at registration on January 26, 2018. Participants violating these regulations may be fined and will be immediately disqualified.
- From 12:01 pm on January 26, 2018, until 7:00 am on January 28, 2018, all contestants must abide by all applicable UDWR or WGFD regulations concerning fishing, aquatic invasive species and boating.
Permitted by the Ashley National Forest Service.